Marketing and Communications Manager
Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, the Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for developing and executing integrated marketing initiatives that help bring our upstart brand to life and grow measurable web traffic and online engagement. You’ll lead top-of-funnel campaigns, develop timely content and manage corporate events.
In keeping with our entrepreneurial culture and fast-paced environment, we are looking for team members who are equally adept at strategic planning and detailed execution. You must thrive in a dynamic work environment and not back down from a challenge. We’re looking for someone who is able to distill complex technical content into easily understandable stories and compelling events or campaigns. We need a collaborative, highly-organized, detailed-oriented and creative problem solver who has the poise to represent our brand both online and on the show floor.
- Develop and execute integrated marketing strategies and calendars with a focus on owned and earned channels (website, social, PR/AR support, CRM/email, events/tradeshows) and paid channels (social, SEM).
- Identify, secure and convert customer references into advocacy to fuel sales and content marketing
- Help develop core product positioning, creative, and messaging as needed for hybrid cloud storage products, considering value proposition, target audience, competitive landscape, and other factors.
- Create presentations, web pages, blogs, emails, videos and other content for all audiences including customers, partners, and press/analyst influencers. Seek out relevant speaking engagements and sponsorships.
- Develop and implement high-value marketing programs including curated and digital events and campaigns to reach and convert target accounts and stakeholders.
- Directly manage the corporate social media channels such as Twitter and LinkedIn. Work closely with the VP of Marketing to leverage corporate blogging to drive engagement and paid/organic web traffic.
- Help transform and manage the corporate website and digital properties working with the VP of marketing and contractor resources.
- Ensure all creative at any one point in time is omni-channel and on-brand.
- Analyze and report on performance in collaboration with marketing colleagues, sales and partners.
- Manage events within your marketing portfolio from plan to close, including site visits, contracts, booth production and staffing, on-site show running and other logistics as needed.
- Manage and balance quarterly/monthly budgets, track finances and provide periodic progress reports for each project.
- Develop and communicate marketing plans to sales teams, and incorporate sales feedback into program improvements. Engage and manage outside vendors as necessary to contribute to program goals.
- This role is based in our Austin, Texas headquarters and will support top-of-funnel marketing communications, events and content initiatives in North America and the UK.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Minimum 5-8 years of corporate marketing, corporate communications or events marketing experience with solid knowledge of B2B technology and associated sectors. Enterprise network, storage or cloud industry experience a plus.
- Ability to build and deliver concise, impactful presentations
- Excellent written/verbal communications, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Event/tradeshow, digital marketing and/or web marketing experience.
- Must thrive in a collaborative environment in parallel with working independently to execute quickly with impact. Effectiveness and comfort with working in a fluid environment with the ability to adapt, spot issues early, and escalate.
- Solid understanding of integrated marketing mix, particularly top-of-funnel activities, including pipeline goals, campaign elements and tactics necessary to deliver measurable, repeatable results.
- Must be a team player, highly-organized, detailed oriented and a creative problem solver.
- Background and interest using social media for paid and organic campaigns. Experience using Google Analytics, HootSuite, SproutSocial, SpredFast or Sprinklr and blog platforms like WordPress.
- Experience with content development using creative content suites such as Adobe and Office productivity applications.
- Experience using Salesforce and comfort using marketing automation such as Marketo, Eloqua or Hubspot.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time in North America.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, and paid time off, competitive compensation and a fantastic startup environment.