High Performance Networking Developer
infinite io has developed a highly differentiated hybrid cloud storage solution that has the potential to reshape the data storage market. Our technology has several patents underway and takes an "out-of-box" new approach to solving the problem of seamlessly combining traditional onsite data storage with emerging cloud storage technologies. Be part of an exciting opportunity and work with a dynamic and experienced team that plans to transform and shake up an established industry with radically different technology.
We are looking for a mid-to-senior level software engineer with a background in TCP/IP protocol-level work, and familiar with high performance networking. We are a small team, and you will be vital to helping with our engineering effort, working in the heart of our real time, network processing engine. The engine is written in C, and leverages DPDK on Linux in user space.
This position is a software engineering role on the product development team.
- Expertise in C, and experience with protocol implementation
- Experience in developing complex, stateful applications for Linux platforms
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting experience; you are a problem solver at heart
- Ability to examine a packet capture, and correlate with code
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet "plays well with others"
- Effectively use Mercurial, Git, bug tracking and other tools of the trade
- Flexible and able to change direction as the business and technology evolves and changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience
infinite io is headquartered in Austin, TX . We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, paid time off, competitive compensation and a fantastic startup environment.